http://adedejifolorunso.blogspot.com/

Saturday 6 December 2014

Forbes Africa Person of the Year is "Aliko Dangote"

Aliko Dangote, Nigerians billionaire businessman, has been named "Forbes African Person of the year 2014"
The Panel of Judges said he (Aliko Dangote) is a lion of Africa in terms of business. He is the second to none in investing in Africa. He is also a capitalist with a big heart.

Other finalist for the award included South Africa's Public Protector, Thuli Madonsela; Nigerian author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie; Director-General of Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria Arunma Oteh and President of the African Development Bank, Donald Kaberuka.


In his speech of acceptance, he said, "My thanks also go to my family for their unquantifiable support over the years; my diligent staffs for their uncommon dedication to duty; my fellow Africans for believing in us; and my numerous friends across the globe who have been a source of inspiration."

I will also like to specially recognize and commend the other nominees for making it up to this stage. Their achievements is no mean feat, given the quality of the award.

Also, he responded on his twitter handle, @AlikoDangote, "thanks you @forbesafrica. I am humbled by this honour. I dedicate the award to Nigeria and I'm proud to be an African."

No comments: