http://adedejifolorunso.blogspot.com/

Sunday, 25 August 2013

DO YOU USE GAS?

In using gas to cook, one must be more than careful in the sense of noticing all that is going on around you.

A shocking accident happened on the 13th day of February, 2013 when a housewife died of an explosion from gas burner in her kitchen. The lady observed a cockroach near her washing basin and she grabbed a can of insecticide then sprayed it on the cockroach which was near the gas while still cooking. On spraying the insecticide there was an explosion and in no time the woman was caught by the fire and burnt her to the extent of sustaining 65% burns.

The husband while trying to save her also caught fire.
While an admission the husband was not informed that her wife was declared dead on arrival.

REASON FOR EXPLOSION

The insecticide contains atomize nano spray which spreads very rapidly. It is enough to ignite an explosion with the presence of oxygen.

LESSONS
1. Don't spray any flammable elements/solvents such as insecticides(Raid, Sheltos, Mortein and Body Spray) because they are highly volatile which makes them spread quickly.

2. Do not strike metals to sparks near a flaring gas, especially if you are not sure if its leaking.

3. Do not give room for children to play around gas related household equipment

4. Always close the nob after cooking.

ALWAYS MAKE "SAFETY" YOUR WATCHWORD IN EVERYTHING YOU DO.
Post a Comment