http://adedejifolorunso.blogspot.com/

Thursday 25 April 2019

Using My Time

Helping a Friend

A stitch in time they say saves nine. Time they also say is money so anytime you are using other people's time (OPT) to get a result make sure you try your best not to waste their (the/those helping) time. You have to remember that when someone offers to be of help to you they are actually giving you a part of their life that can never be regained, so you have to be disciplined enough to maximise their time to be productive for you and themselves in the act.

No man appreciates their time being wasted either they have something (reasonable or not) to do. We all keep track of time to get something done or to accomplish a goal. For everyone, time is a great leverage we don't want to waste.
As much as we can volunteer to give our time to someone either with helping them out with something or in making them laugh, we must understand that no one wants to waste time and in that we have to keep things straight, simple and stress-free for them to get a quick result. 
I recalled, a friend asked for my help by helping him get his clearance form from the State Office. Before I got to the office where I'll get the clearance form, I expected him to have put a call through to the person he sent me to informing the person that someone will come and pick up his clearance form for him. Unfortunately, he didn't put a call through to the person he sent me to, I ended up spending everything two hours on his issues and I was eventually told to tell him to come for it. OMG! I just wasted two hours of my life that would be productive if I'd spent it on something else on my To Do list. 
If you want me to give you a part of my time do your best by making it reasonable, make the task easier by doing the necessary things and make sure you inform the parties involved so they won't in turn be the one to waste time and then we all can have a smooth time rendering help.

2 comments:

Nykki said...

Nice one..but I think we should also be conscious of the fact that people also spare their time to do things for us be it consciously or otherwise.!
Let's make it our habit to appreciate people whenever we realize this has happened..
It could even be as low as sparing some of their time to chat with us.

Adedeji said...

Yes. Thanks for this. I appreciate your point of view.
It is applicable to everyone at different point in time myself inclusive but before I ask you for help I'll try my best not to waste your time and if you'll spend more time on it I'll definitely let you know.
I wrote this because many people waste other people's time (OPT) which is a great asset they can benefit, without appreciating or realizing such thus this article on time.

Once again, thanks for your time.